Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday 12th August

Omg, what crappy weather!!!!

Today was 200m reps, sub 5k pace (<10 minute mile)
I have no idea how long they took me, as usual I haven't had time to look at the stats on the Gremlin. I decided to change how I did them though - the Rodders Modification technique. Well I thought that if Dave was only doing half of them, I may as well feck about with what I was doing. SO...... I did 10 minutes warm up at 11.00 minute miles, then 12 x 200m reps at sub 10 minute miles with a 30 sec walk break in between. Harder than it sounds!! Instead of a cool down and because i hadn't really planned it well enough, I had a 5 min walk back to my house. I was lucky enough to have found that very rare 45 minutes or so when it wasn't p***ing down. Which was nice.
When I started, however, I started with the 200m reps and the 90 sec easy run break, then decided after 4 reps that it was going to take me too long. After all I do have a life (i mean work by that) and couldn't be arsed with the hassle, so i had to stop and re-programme the Gremlin, which is always fun lol!!

So no major problems, the reps went ok, didn't miss any, didn't have any missiles thrown at me. Got the usual 'why's that fat bird running?' looks, and a couple of 'C'mon love you're nearly there' comments. Much more civilised than Didsbury. I can't make the running club tomorrow due to the fact that I'm working a double shift. God knows how I'm going to fit a 70min 'easy run' into this week!!! Dave's lucky, she's skiving with her half-training schedule. This blogging at least my workmates only get half of the boring running stuff, I can write the rest of it here and bore the invisible people that I've convinced myself read this!!!!

Have fun
XXRoddersXX

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I read it mate,

I read it.

Rodders and Dave said...

flipping heck Rodders - dull as dishwater that one! Nearly as bad as my posts! Come on matey - am relying on you to spice things up on here!

Rodders and Dave said...

Cheeky Bint, Dave!!!