Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lumpy Rodders

I really enjoyed the run Dave and I had on Friday, as she said, we did the Fallowfield 'loop' in a straight line and back, the weather was quite hot and humid but we did good. Had a little stretch at about a mile or so and it was sailing until the end. Good times.

Sunday was a different kettle of fish for me, although i reckon Dave got on a hell of a lot better and she certainly seemed to be 'miles' better than me. I always expect to be all tight and rubbish until the first 2 miles are up, then i get into my stride and everything falls into place. This morning though, whether it was the early start or the lack of cuppa tea before I got to Dave's I don't know, but I felt like shite. My legs were really bothering me, especially around the front of my ankles. I actually had lumps on the front of both legs at the ankle. Now that was weird, whether I've had it before and not noticed, or never had it before I'm not sure. Must remember to have a look on Wednesday night when we're out. Anyway, the canal side path was a lovely place to run, and as Dave said, we would have done the world of twitchers proud!! That swan was definitely a fat bugger though Dave!!
So we went off to Salford Quay, round the estates and the Lowry and stuff, nice run, nice and quiet with only some fishermen and old people, except for an overgrown bit where a bloke with no sense of humour scared the shit out of us by running very quietly up behind us, startled the bejeezus out of me anyway!!
The run back was shorter than the run out (or it seemed to be for me) and I recommend running the canal on an earlyish Sunday morning just for the sights, everything from fishermen (natch) a priest with a weird looking but cute dog (i think he was a priest) fat runners (us) and skinny girls that you could knock off a bridge with vibrations (don't ask) I hate that skinny girls in Lycra don't get a sweat on - are they actually running or just pretending and posing? Every other runner I know gets at least a bit sweaty and at least looks a bit out of breath. If you're not red faced and soaking in sweat you're not working hard enough!!!!!!!
I didn't do any running today (sorry Dave) as I feel like poo. Might as well say feel like shite cos I've used the word twice already. I'm at work now and feeling like a right miseryguts - although most of my colleagues would say I'm just the same as I usually am lol!! I'm sure I'll be fine for tomorrow night to go out with the girlies though. Must ask the boss (Dave) how far we're supposed to be doing. Damn you Runners World for not updating your training programmes!!!!

Going now, laters all

xxxRoddersxxx

1 comment:

Morag said...

You're doing a grand job Sharon. I wish I had your motivation, stamina, fitness ...