Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Rainy Runner

I've been out and done my reps as well. I went to Fog Lane Park, when I got there it was a little bit drizzly, and half the way through the reps it was p-ing down. I've rarely got so many weird looks - notice i say rarely, it has happened before.

Anyway, I was supposed to do 10 minutes warm up, but to be honest, i was just so desperate to get it all over and done with that i only did 6 mins. OOOooohhh, does that make me a bad person? No, thought not.

The deal was 10 x 400m reps at sub 10 minute pace with 1 minute recovery intervals. The first few, I'll be truthful, were horrible. No other word to describe them. I've got 2 mile legs and until then I can feel every single footfall, especially on my right. I even broke the habit of a - well not lifetime - but running lifetime and had a stretch after my warm up. Helped a little.

The last 4 reps were good, felt like I'd just got used to them. I have no idea how long they took me because stupidly I hadn't set the gremlin to tell me the pace. It's bound to be slower than Dave's though, cos I'm a short-arse. And lazy.

When I work out the miles per minute - I'll write it up.

Just to be a complete rebel, I didn't do a cool-down, I went shopping at Tesco in Burnage instead. The 30 minute walk was just as good and I got some lovely stuff for tea. 2 birds - one stone!!!! Good Times!!!

1 comment:

Rodders and Dave said...

Don't think you're lazy Rodders but will agree on the short arse bit!