Thursday, August 28, 2008

Combined posting...

In a vain attempt to hide my pathetic attempt at speedwork this week I'm doing one combined post for two runs ;o)
Went out on Tuesday evening with the intention of doing the bonkers speedwork mentioned in my last post but was so knacked that I ended up going for a lovely stroll down the canal for about 15 minutes before heading home to the comfort of my sofa - whoops!
Last night was much better though - went out for a run with the club (Northern Sole for our millions of followers who don't already know). Gentle 3.5 mile plod ended up being a bit of a speedwork session when I got a sudden urge to power up a hill and later decided to challenge Welsh whippet Clare to a bit of a race (not communicated verbally just through me speeding up then her speeding up a bit more and so on and so forth). Did this for about 1/2 a mile, jogged back to the group and then thought it would be a good idea to add a little sprint - hmmmmm. Decided to be grown up for about 5 minutes and then decided to have a final sprint finish. All in all I think my average pace was about 10 1/2 minute miles and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Legs felt good, hip only ached slightly and lungs felt like they could go on and on. If only all my runs could be like that.
Just trying to work out when I can fit in a long run over the weekend and hoping that Rodders is back to good health so I can run with my partner in crime.
Laters
Dave

No comments: