Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hungover + Gym Hell







Thought I'd better blog Tuesdays hell before the run tomorrow (Fri)


I hated virtually every second of those reps lol!!! Dave called me and asked me if I'd done them yet, and of course I hadn't. So we arranged to go to the gym. Hmmmm, well I was going to go to my own little friendly non-pretentious gym, but was invited to posh city-centre gym instead. Don't get me wrong, it had everything you need in a gym, all the equipment you could ever need, it was spacious, the air conditioning was lovely. It also had 99% skinny, Lycra clad (males and females) exercising without breaking a sweat. Off putting to say the least when you go bright red and sweat like a you-know-what after one 2km rep lol!! Still, we made the best of it, as Dave blogged, we did 1 x 2km rep and it was like we were trying to commit suicide. Too much, we're not that good lol. Although, as usual we modified the Rodders and Dave was and still got the most out of our run. We decided to go for speed over distance for a change. 1km reps feeling just as hard, and achieving a good speed (as detailed with Dave, thanks for remembering all that, you're a diamond x)

I enjoyed it anyway, although my tendonitis didn't the next day - cured by wearing high heels in the evening though - hurrah for nights out on the booze and curry!!


Have embarked on a proper weight loss programme to see if i can lose a few pounds before the GNR, maybe nights out on the booze and curry aren't what i need huh? It doesn't happen all that often though. Might even get the wii fit out tomorrow!!!


Dave and I have arranged to meet tomorrow and do our 60min run, so now all I've got to catch up with is a 45 minute easy run (I think) God I'm looking forward to it lol. Running was so much better fun when we used to do it for the hell of it. I look forward to doing that again -although we'll probably end up entering something else lol - and we have to do the Wilmslow Half again next year to see if we can do it faster than we did it this year, and that's how they get you, you enter one race and then you have to enter again the next year to see if you're any better. Grrrr damn you competitiveness (and stupidity)


Laters all,


Rod x

No comments: