Sunday, January 18, 2009

Woo Hoo we're back!!!!!

It's been a HUGE break between the last blog and this hasn't it? Due to illness and stuff, it's been all over the show a bit. Totally out of routine. But now we're back!!!!

Sara and I have the Wilmslow Half Marathon (or snickers if you want to be silly) and then the Great Manchester so far this year, and we've started our training!!

I went out with Emma on Friday - which was my first run of 2009 - to Bramhall Park. We only did 3 miles to see how we'd get on, and it was quite hilly, but it was great to be back. It sure hurt on Sat morning!! Note to self - after not having run for about 5 weeks, remember to stretch really really well. Stupid me. It was a good hurt though.

So today (Sunday) there were 5 of us, which was lovely, Claire, Cerys, Dave, Emma and Me. We did a lovely LSR of 6 miles in just over an hour - nicely paced and may have taken less time if we didn't keep stopping to chat like old ladies lol. It was a lovely run, and my new Asics GT2130's are just as manky as my old Mizuno's cos it was really muddy in places. They were lovely bright white *sniff* but now they look like real runners trainers *yay* Talking of which, I still don't know who all those people were that were running around CWP with Running Bear numbers on. Hmmmm....must look that up.
I know I'm going to hurt tomorrow, which is a shame because I promised myself a gym sesh. Tried to give myself a good stretch, but was more interested in eating lol.

So the car cafe was up and running for the first time in '09 I still think the best thing after a good run is a good cuppa, can't beat it. Can't beat running with your good mates either, it's the dogs!!!

Better go and wash Fridays and Sundays kit before it stinks the house out lol.

Laters, Rodders xx

No comments: